Vietnamese cities seeing some of world’s most rapid economic growth
Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked third and and Hanoi sixth on a new survey that measures urban centers’ short-term growth and modernization pace around the world.
The cities are attracting sizable volumes of foreign direct investment as they integrate into regional and global supply chains for high-technology manufacturing, American investment management company JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.) said in its City Momentum Index 2018.
Such global attention, which is expected to continue in the near future, is helping to spur rapid economic and income growth, leading to among the world’s highest rates of increase in retail sales and air passenger numbers, it said.
Vietnam's actual foreign investment reached an all-time high of $17 billion last year, when its aviation industry also served a record number of more than 94 million passengers.
Stephen Wyatt, regional director of JLL Vietnam, said that seeing the Vietnamese cities in the top 10 "is not surprising."
"The pace of development within both cities is very evident and the government is making significant investment in infrastructure, which will help continue this momentum into the future," he said in a statement.
"There is an energy and buzz within the cities, with high levels of confidence and positive market sentiment," he said.
Last year, Ho Chi Minh City was ranked the world’s second most dynamic city, while Hanoi was placed eighth.
The 2018 edition of the index covers 131 major established and emerging markets, and focuses for the first time on two separate elements of city dynamism: short-term market momentum and 'future-proofing' for longer-term success. The short-term component suggests a three-year forecast and the long-term looks at cities with a 10-year vision.
While the United States leads the long-term list, with San Francisco, Silicon Valley and New York taking the top positions, Asia dominates the short-term development ranking, which identifies the urban economies which are currently undergoing the most rapid growth.
India has four of the top five markets as its cities register among the highest rates of demographic and economic growth, while also benefiting from government efforts to boost business attractiveness and invest in infrastructure.
Chinese cities account for 11 of the top 30 in short-term development, which also includes Asian ‘megahubs’ Manila (18th), Jakarta (23rd), Kuala Lumpur (24th) and Bangkok (28th), the regional gateways with the scale to compete for talent, visitors and innovation.
The index found Singapore and Seattle in the “sweet spot” as they make the top 30 in both the long-term and short-term development lists.
Read more: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/economy/vietnamese-cities-seeing-some-of-world-s-most-rapid-economic-growth-report-3729179.html
- 2018 台灣生物科技大展-日本來回機票得主名單公布！ 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2018-07-17
- 2018 台北國際美容保養‧生技保健大展-日本來回機票得主名單公布！ 台北國際美容保養生技保健大展 / 2018-07-17
- 2018 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展-日本來回機票得主名單公布！ 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-07-17
- 捷報頻傳 台灣生技業無懼開闢 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2018-07-12
- 倒數一週! 帶您細數ATLife亮點! 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-07-11
- 2018展昭台北寵物用品展 南港經典場-日本來回機票得主名單公布拉! 展昭台北寵物用品展-經典場 / 2018-07-10
- 85個生醫科學家 堅持創新的研發故事 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2018-07-09
- <廠商招募>2018創新產品發表會 智慧製造與監控辨識展覽會 / 2018-07-06
- <廠商招募>2018創新產品發表會 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-07-06
- 我們換新展館了! 中山路上等你來玩! 台中國際酒展 / 2018-07-05
- 神秘嘉賓現身K816攤位！限時快閃特賣，半買半送！ 展昭台北寵物用品展-經典場 / 2018-07-04
- 生技年度盛會將登場 規模歷年之最 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2018-07-02
- 2018寵物食安年－毛孩食安，共同把關 展昭台北寵物用品展-經典場 / 2018-07-02
- Coca-Cola to invest more in Bangladesh 孟加拉國際塑橡膠印刷包裝工業展 / 2018-06-29
- China plays key role in Cambodia's energy development, says minister 柬埔寨國際工業展 / 2018-06-29
- Vietnamese join hands with foreign plastics companies Hanoi PPP / 2018-06-29
- Vietnamese join hands with foreign plastics companies 越南胡志明市國際塑橡膠工業展 / 2018-06-29
- Bopp Films Packaging Market will Reach US$ 21,736.5 Mn in 2025 緬甸國際農業機械設備暨食品工業展 / 2018-06-29
- Wang Yi meets Myanmar official, pushes for China-Myanmar economic corridor Myanmar Plas Print Pack / 2018-06-29
- \\\\暑期毛孩玩樂首選：展昭台北寵物展，現省門票$200，再抽日本來回機票//// 展昭台北寵物用品展-經典場 / 2018-06-25