Vietnamese cities seeing some of world’s most rapid economic growth
Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked third and and Hanoi sixth on a new survey that measures urban centers’ short-term growth and modernization pace around the world.
The cities are attracting sizable volumes of foreign direct investment as they integrate into regional and global supply chains for high-technology manufacturing, American investment management company JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.) said in its City Momentum Index 2018.
Such global attention, which is expected to continue in the near future, is helping to spur rapid economic and income growth, leading to among the world’s highest rates of increase in retail sales and air passenger numbers, it said.
Vietnam's actual foreign investment reached an all-time high of $17 billion last year, when its aviation industry also served a record number of more than 94 million passengers.
Stephen Wyatt, regional director of JLL Vietnam, said that seeing the Vietnamese cities in the top 10 "is not surprising."
"The pace of development within both cities is very evident and the government is making significant investment in infrastructure, which will help continue this momentum into the future," he said in a statement.
"There is an energy and buzz within the cities, with high levels of confidence and positive market sentiment," he said.
Last year, Ho Chi Minh City was ranked the world’s second most dynamic city, while Hanoi was placed eighth.
The 2018 edition of the index covers 131 major established and emerging markets, and focuses for the first time on two separate elements of city dynamism: short-term market momentum and 'future-proofing' for longer-term success. The short-term component suggests a three-year forecast and the long-term looks at cities with a 10-year vision.
While the United States leads the long-term list, with San Francisco, Silicon Valley and New York taking the top positions, Asia dominates the short-term development ranking, which identifies the urban economies which are currently undergoing the most rapid growth.
India has four of the top five markets as its cities register among the highest rates of demographic and economic growth, while also benefiting from government efforts to boost business attractiveness and invest in infrastructure.
Chinese cities account for 11 of the top 30 in short-term development, which also includes Asian ‘megahubs’ Manila (18th), Jakarta (23rd), Kuala Lumpur (24th) and Bangkok (28th), the regional gateways with the scale to compete for talent, visitors and innovation.
The index found Singapore and Seattle in the “sweet spot” as they make the top 30 in both the long-term and short-term development lists.
Read more: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/economy/vietnamese-cities-seeing-some-of-world-s-most-rapid-economic-growth-report-3729179.html
- 毛小孩的專屬玩具▸寵物夢工廠無毒玩具 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 今年最後一場 高雄寵物用品展 信元動保攤位現場「第三件免費，第五件加碼送」優惠，以及即期品貓飼料買一送一優惠。 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 大受醫師好評的’心臟”與”關節保養”聖品 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 普樂丹潔牙骨 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 專業獸醫研發 天然保健品牌 PAW 就在展昭高雄寵物展 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 全新上市 ，展場限定!!臭味滾貓用/狗用除臭噴霧200ML 特價$99 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 毛小孩的最愛▸寵物夢工廠 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-12
- 倒數一週，盛大開展！限量釋出免費票！ 台北國際酒展 / 2018-11-09
- 倒數一週，盛大開展！限量300名額免費票！ 台灣國際茶業博覽會 / 2018-11-09
- 毛小孩專屬牛奶~DoggyMan 澳洲產犬貓牛乳 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-09
- 慶！倒數1週！限量贈票，最後機會(索完即止) 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-11-08
- 慶！倒數1週！限量贈票，最後機會(索完即止) 台灣國際食品暨設備展 / 2018-11-08
- 與眾不同的營養— 創鮮樂活輕寵糧 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-07
- 品酒教室報名系統已更新！歡迎前往報名！ 台北國際酒展 / 2018-11-05
- 2019 TAIMOLD 全新「金屬智慧製造技術加工設備專區」，推動產業升級 ! 台北國際模具暨模具製造設備展 / 2018-10-31
- 【展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場】免費門票這裡拿!!! 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-10-31
- 歡慶倒數！限量贈票(索完即止)！ 台灣國際茶業博覽會 / 2018-10-24
- 重要提醒 !!! 請慎防國外公司詐騙行為 !!! 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2018-10-22
- #活動分享 【愛有機 i料理】食譜徵稿活動 台灣國際食品暨設備展 / 2018-10-19
- 歡慶倒數一個月！限量贈票(索完即止)！ 台北國際酒展 / 2018-10-18