Vietnamese cities seeing some of world’s most rapid economic growth
Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked third and and Hanoi sixth on a new survey that measures urban centers’ short-term growth and modernization pace around the world.
The cities are attracting sizable volumes of foreign direct investment as they integrate into regional and global supply chains for high-technology manufacturing, American investment management company JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.) said in its City Momentum Index 2018.
Such global attention, which is expected to continue in the near future, is helping to spur rapid economic and income growth, leading to among the world’s highest rates of increase in retail sales and air passenger numbers, it said.
Vietnam's actual foreign investment reached an all-time high of $17 billion last year, when its aviation industry also served a record number of more than 94 million passengers.
Stephen Wyatt, regional director of JLL Vietnam, said that seeing the Vietnamese cities in the top 10 "is not surprising."
"The pace of development within both cities is very evident and the government is making significant investment in infrastructure, which will help continue this momentum into the future," he said in a statement.
"There is an energy and buzz within the cities, with high levels of confidence and positive market sentiment," he said.
Last year, Ho Chi Minh City was ranked the world’s second most dynamic city, while Hanoi was placed eighth.
The 2018 edition of the index covers 131 major established and emerging markets, and focuses for the first time on two separate elements of city dynamism: short-term market momentum and 'future-proofing' for longer-term success. The short-term component suggests a three-year forecast and the long-term looks at cities with a 10-year vision.
While the United States leads the long-term list, with San Francisco, Silicon Valley and New York taking the top positions, Asia dominates the short-term development ranking, which identifies the urban economies which are currently undergoing the most rapid growth.
India has four of the top five markets as its cities register among the highest rates of demographic and economic growth, while also benefiting from government efforts to boost business attractiveness and invest in infrastructure.
Chinese cities account for 11 of the top 30 in short-term development, which also includes Asian ‘megahubs’ Manila (18th), Jakarta (23rd), Kuala Lumpur (24th) and Bangkok (28th), the regional gateways with the scale to compete for talent, visitors and innovation.
The index found Singapore and Seattle in the “sweet spot” as they make the top 30 in both the long-term and short-term development lists.
Read more: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/economy/vietnamese-cities-seeing-some-of-world-s-most-rapid-economic-growth-report-3729179.html
- 【私房景點募集中！】 台北國際攝影器材暨影像應用大展 / 2018-09-21
- 【年度活動曝光！】 台北國際攝影器材暨影像應用大展 / 2018-09-21
- 咖啡月票×跑館計畫【火熱開賣中】10/14前購完即止 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-09-21
- Livin Wild野宴-來自紐西蘭的全新無榖天然寵糧 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 滴靈靈-全台唯一物理防護 給毛孩日常保護力! 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 就像在家用烤箱烤出來的一樣，新鮮、健康、養份全都保留！ 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 鼠兔健康飲食的首選- 30年智慧，讓鼠兔吃得簡單又健康 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 不一樣的寵物零食-奇啃法式嫩雞腿 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 毛孩後宮首選-司康帝都市型犬貓無穀糧 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-18
- 【公告】台灣戶外用品展不會以任何形式販售會員個資！ 台灣戶外用品展 / 2018-09-18
- 聽研討會，抽機票！得獎公布！ 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-18
- 2018 TTG 四年一度、不容錯過 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-14
- 2018展會圓滿落幕！展覽回顧 台灣蔬食‧自然產品展 / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG 開幕盛況 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-13
- Taiwan Coffee Month咖啡月【店家招募開跑】(9/18截止報名) 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-09-11
- 感謝支持，Touch Taiwan 2018上周圓滿落幕! 2019年搶先卡位! 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-09-05
- 白天見景、夜晚發光 中山大學智慧玻璃奪最佳發明獎 智慧製造與監控辨識展覽會 / 2018-09-01
- 白天見景、夜晚發光 中山大學智慧玻璃奪最佳發明獎 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-09-01
- ATLife臺灣輔具暨長照大展 8.5萬人/17國共同見證臺灣輔具產業量能 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-08-29
- 【展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場：活動介紹】 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-08-24