Vietnamese cities seeing some of world’s most rapid economic growth
Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked third and and Hanoi sixth on a new survey that measures urban centers’ short-term growth and modernization pace around the world.
The cities are attracting sizable volumes of foreign direct investment as they integrate into regional and global supply chains for high-technology manufacturing, American investment management company JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.) said in its City Momentum Index 2018.
Such global attention, which is expected to continue in the near future, is helping to spur rapid economic and income growth, leading to among the world’s highest rates of increase in retail sales and air passenger numbers, it said.
Vietnam's actual foreign investment reached an all-time high of $17 billion last year, when its aviation industry also served a record number of more than 94 million passengers.
Stephen Wyatt, regional director of JLL Vietnam, said that seeing the Vietnamese cities in the top 10 "is not surprising."
"The pace of development within both cities is very evident and the government is making significant investment in infrastructure, which will help continue this momentum into the future," he said in a statement.
"There is an energy and buzz within the cities, with high levels of confidence and positive market sentiment," he said.
Last year, Ho Chi Minh City was ranked the world’s second most dynamic city, while Hanoi was placed eighth.
The 2018 edition of the index covers 131 major established and emerging markets, and focuses for the first time on two separate elements of city dynamism: short-term market momentum and 'future-proofing' for longer-term success. The short-term component suggests a three-year forecast and the long-term looks at cities with a 10-year vision.
While the United States leads the long-term list, with San Francisco, Silicon Valley and New York taking the top positions, Asia dominates the short-term development ranking, which identifies the urban economies which are currently undergoing the most rapid growth.
India has four of the top five markets as its cities register among the highest rates of demographic and economic growth, while also benefiting from government efforts to boost business attractiveness and invest in infrastructure.
Chinese cities account for 11 of the top 30 in short-term development, which also includes Asian ‘megahubs’ Manila (18th), Jakarta (23rd), Kuala Lumpur (24th) and Bangkok (28th), the regional gateways with the scale to compete for talent, visitors and innovation.
The index found Singapore and Seattle in the “sweet spot” as they make the top 30 in both the long-term and short-term development lists.
Read more: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/economy/vietnamese-cities-seeing-some-of-world-s-most-rapid-economic-growth-report-3729179.html
- 春季最幸福的呷胖行動【烘焙月‧滿額抽】開跑囉！ 台北國際烘焙暨設備展 / 2019-02-12
- 【Touch Taiwan】祝您新春愉快，諸事大吉．Happy Chinese New Year! 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2019-01-30
- 【免费派车】组团参观CTEX即享免费派车接送服务 華東電路板暨表面貼裝展覽會 / 2019-01-28
- 2019 車用顯示與資訊娛樂系統專區 ! 現正報名中! 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2019-01-23
- ATLife 2019 力邀全球潛力企業、買主與會 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2019-01-22
- 烘迷們注意！首波好康釋放，限量贈票！(已索票完畢) 台北國際烘焙暨設備展 / 2019-01-21
- 來自【全球BIO生技協會總裁暨執行長】的問候 台灣生技月 生物科技大展 / 2019-01-16
- 2019真空技術應用，聚焦顯示器與光電產業 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2019-01-10
- 【把握限量席位】ATLife 2019臺灣輔具暨長期照護大展 迎戰全球長照新時代! 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2019-01-07
- [早鳥優惠最後五天!] 長照商機湧現 2019臺灣輔具暨長期照護大展(ATLife)開創長照新契機 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-12-26
- 2019 商用顯示與數位看板應用，主題專區現享早鳥優惠! 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-12-14
- 【2018時空咖啡館】義賣豆收入全數捐贈！ 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-12-10
- 每日限量優惠-更正啟事 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-12-05
- 展館交通資訊看這裡 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-12-04
- 開展倒計時 ⏰ 索票看這裡 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-30
- 【早鳥優惠倒數!】ATLife 2019臺灣輔具暨長期照護大展 開創長照產業新契機 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-11-21
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once 越南國際紡織暨製衣機械展 / 2018-11-20
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms 越南國際紡織暨製衣機械展 / 2018-11-19
- 【逛展天天抽】開獎名單-最終更新 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-11-19
- 真正100%無穀、好吸收的飲食新提案 就從Livin'Wild 野宴開始～ 展昭高雄寵物用品展-獨霸場 / 2018-11-19