Vietnamese join hands with foreign plastics companies
VietNamNet Bridge - Many Vietnamese plastics companies have decided to open their doors widely, receiving more foreign shareholders amid increasingly fierce competition in the market.
Rang Dong Plastics (RDP), the leading company in the plastics packaging sector, has opened its factory in Long An province.
This is the first phase of the project developed by RDP in cooperation with Sojitz Pla-Net from Japan, in which RDP contributed 80 percent of capital.
The cooperation with the Japanese technical plastics manufacturer with revenue of 200 billion yen and presence in 17 countries promises to help RDP control input material sources and fulfill business plans.
Sojitz Pla-Net also has committed to help RDP sell products through Sojitz network and export products to neighboring markets.
Joining hands with Sojitz Pla-Net and building a new factory are the two important steps taken by RDP.
It has also re-organized the enterprise, expanding production fields to create a production & supply chain. That is why RDP invested in Song Dung Forwarding Company where it holds 40 percent of shares.
Other companies in the plastics industry have also made many M&A deals recently. These include those in which SCG bought Tin Thanh Plastics and contributed capital to Viet Thai Plastchem, Chemtech, TPC Vina and Minh Thai.
Meanwhile, Dongwon Systems Corporation from South Korea has bought Minh Viet Packaging and acquired 97 percent of Tan Tien Plastics shares. Meiwa Pax Group from Japan spent $16.5 million to buy Sapaco, Oji Holdings Corporation bought United Packaging, and Sagasiki Vietnam bought Goldsun.
An analyst commented that Vietnamese plastics manufacturers tend to open their doors to foreign investors because they need foreign support to survive the stiff competition.
In the plastic tube manufacturing sector alone, there are 200 enterprises. A lot of newcomers have turned up, including Hoa Sen and Tan A Dai Thanh, while more and more Chinese, Thai and Japanese enterprises have flocked to Vietnam.
In its annual finance report, the management board of Binh Minh Plastics warned that in the context of stiff competition, maintaining revenue and the leading position in the plastic tube manufacturing sector would be a big challenge.
Binh Minh CEO Nguyen Hoang Ngan admitted that the company had a tough year 2017.
It has to keep the selling prices unchanged despite the sharp increase in input material price increases, while it has offered a 4 percent increase in discount for sale agents.
In order to cement its position in the market, Binh Minh has accepted more foreign shareholders. Nawaplastic, a subsidiary of SCG, has acquired 51.1 percent of Binh Minh shares.
Read more: http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/business/202877/vietnamese-join-hands-with-foreign-plastics-companies.html
- 【私房景點募集中！】 台北國際攝影器材暨影像應用大展 / 2018-09-21
- 【年度活動曝光！】 台北國際攝影器材暨影像應用大展 / 2018-09-21
- 咖啡月票×跑館計畫【火熱開賣中】10/14前購完即止 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-09-21
- 就像在家用烤箱烤出來的一樣，新鮮、健康、養份全都保留！ 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- Livin Wild野宴-來自紐西蘭的全新無榖天然寵糧 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 滴靈靈-全台唯一物理防護 給毛孩日常保護力! 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 鼠兔健康飲食的首選- 30年智慧，讓鼠兔吃得簡單又健康 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 不一樣的寵物零食-奇啃法式嫩雞腿 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-19
- 毛孩後宮首選-司康帝都市型犬貓無穀糧 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-09-18
- 【公告】台灣戶外用品展不會以任何形式販售會員個資！ 台灣戶外用品展 / 2018-09-18
- 聽研討會，抽機票！得獎公布！ 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-18
- 2018 TTG 四年一度、不容錯過 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-14
- 2018展會圓滿落幕！展覽回顧 台灣蔬食‧自然產品展 / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG 開幕盛況 台灣國際紡織暨製衣設備展 / 2018-09-13
- Taiwan Coffee Month咖啡月【店家招募開跑】(9/18截止報名) 台灣國際咖啡展 / 2018-09-11
- 感謝支持，Touch Taiwan 2018上周圓滿落幕! 2019年搶先卡位! 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-09-05
- 白天見景、夜晚發光 中山大學智慧玻璃奪最佳發明獎 智慧製造與監控辨識展覽會 / 2018-09-01
- 白天見景、夜晚發光 中山大學智慧玻璃奪最佳發明獎 智慧顯示與觸控展覽會 / 2018-09-01
- ATLife臺灣輔具暨長照大展 8.5萬人/17國共同見證臺灣輔具產業量能 台灣輔具暨長期照護大展 / 2018-08-29
- 【展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場：活動介紹】 展昭台北寵物用品展-加映場 / 2018-08-24