Bangladesh garment exports shoot up 17% in July '17
Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition
Readymade garment exports from Bangladesh shot up by 17.08 per cent in July 2017 to $2.479 billion compared to exports of $2.117 billion in the corresponding month of last year, according to data from Export Promotion Bureau. However, the percentage increase in garment exports was lower than 26.54 per cent growth in overall exports from Bangladesh during the month.
Category-wise, knitwear exports rose 17.28 per cent to $1.263 billion in first month of fiscal 2017-18, as against exports of $1.077 billion during the corresponding month of the previous fiscal, as per the data. Germany was the largest importer accounting for $257.043 million of all knitwear exported from Bangladesh, followed by the United Kingdom with imports of goods valued at $168.781 million.
Likewise, exports of woven apparel increased 16.88 per cent to $1.215 billion during the period under review, compared to exports of $1.040 billion during July 2016. The US was the largest importer with $323.526 million worth of woven clothing supplied by Bangladesh. Germany and the United Kingdom procured woven apparel valued at $166.622 million and $153.587 million, respectively.
Woven and knitted apparel and clothing accessories’ exports together accounted for 77.3 per cent of $3.207 billion worth of total exports made by Bangladesh during the month.
In the previous fiscal that ended on June 30, 2017, garment exports from Bangladesh had increased 0.2 per cent year-on-year to $28.149 billion. (RKS)
Source From: Fiber2Fashion
- BGMEA signs pact for green production 2017/10/01
- Bangladesh to dedicate SEZ to Japanese garment firms 2017/08/04
- Rising apparel exports to China a sign of new opportunities 2017/07/26
- Visit for FREE! Registration NOW! 2018/01/17
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch of Generic HIV Drug 2018/01/16
- Taiwan biomedical revenues may break NT$500 billion in 2018 2018/01/15
- Vietnam makes effective rubber investment in Lao province 2018/01/12
- Foreign-invested convenience stores seek to find firm niche in Vietnam 2018/01/12
- Foreign-invested convenience stores seek to find firm niche in Vietnam 2018/01/11
- Bangladesh to attain 8% growth by 2019 2018/01/11
- Top 10 Pharma and Biotech 2018 Trends to Watch 2018/01/11