Bangladesh garment exports shoot up 17% in July '17
Expo: Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition
Readymade garment exports from Bangladesh shot up by 17.08 per cent in July 2017 to $2.479 billion compared to exports of $2.117 billion in the corresponding month of last year, according to data from Export Promotion Bureau. However, the percentage increase in garment exports was lower than 26.54 per cent growth in overall exports from Bangladesh during the month.
Category-wise, knitwear exports rose 17.28 per cent to $1.263 billion in first month of fiscal 2017-18, as against exports of $1.077 billion during the corresponding month of the previous fiscal, as per the data. Germany was the largest importer accounting for $257.043 million of all knitwear exported from Bangladesh, followed by the United Kingdom with imports of goods valued at $168.781 million.
Likewise, exports of woven apparel increased 16.88 per cent to $1.215 billion during the period under review, compared to exports of $1.040 billion during July 2016. The US was the largest importer with $323.526 million worth of woven clothing supplied by Bangladesh. Germany and the United Kingdom procured woven apparel valued at $166.622 million and $153.587 million, respectively.
Woven and knitted apparel and clothing accessories’ exports together accounted for 77.3 per cent of $3.207 billion worth of total exports made by Bangladesh during the month.
In the previous fiscal that ended on June 30, 2017, garment exports from Bangladesh had increased 0.2 per cent year-on-year to $28.149 billion. (RKS)
Source From: Fiber2Fashion
- ATLife visitor pre-registration is now open ! ATLife / 2018-05-18
- Garments become second largest foreign currency earner VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-05-15
- Gold Panel Awards 2018 Display International / 2018-05-12
- Taiwan Digital Signage Awards 2018 Display International / 2018-05-12
- CPTPP likely to increase garment exports to Australia. VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-05-10
- Wood exports to hit record high VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-05-09
- Chinese investors eye garment sector MTG / 2018-05-09
- EU, U.S. reluctant to remove trade preferences for Cambodia garments: Fitch's BMI CTG / 2018-05-09
- Vietnam post $3.1bn trade surplus in Jan-Apr VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-05-09
- Myanmar Timber Enterprise targets higher sales, commercial restructuring Myanmar Wood / 2018-05-08
- Myanmar and South Korea to increase trade and investment Myanmar Wood / 2018-04-30
- A close look at the garment industry with GMAC’s John Cha CTG / 2018-04-27
- Party chief: Vietnam wants to expand cooperative ties with Myanmar MTG / 2018-04-27
- Future bright for VN’s woodworking industry VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-04-27
- UNDP project to reduce textile emissions in Vietnam VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-04-27
- Online Registration Open! ATLife / 2018-04-25
- Myanmar takes another step to join EU-led forest protection agreement Myanmar Wood / 2018-04-19
- Vietnamese textile and apparel industry moving towards US$50 billion by 2020 VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-04-19
- Garment industry gears up for rise in minimum wage MTG / 2018-04-19
- CDC gives nod for 9 new textile & footwear projects CTG / 2018-04-19