Member Terms and Conditions
Welcome on joining Chan Chao International as a new member. Chan Chao International Member Services (hereinafter referred to as the Service) are provided by Chan Chao International Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the Company). Any person that uses this Service (hereinafter referred to as Members) should read the following terms and conditions in detail. To protect your rights, please read these terms and conditions carefully. When you register as a Member of the Company or begin using the Service provided by the Company, it is deemed that you understand and fully agree with all of the following terms and conditions listed below.
A. Member Service
- After the Company has completed and confirmed your membership application, the Service provided will depend on services, content and functions available from the system at the current time. The Company reserves the right to add, remove or change any services, content or functions at any time without prior notice.
- Related regulations or agreements of use may also apply to specific services or content available from our Service. Members must also comply with all of these related regulations or agreements when using these services or content.
- The Company, by its own initiative or by Member subscription, will send regular and irregular electronic newsletters to its Members. If a Member does not wish to receive these electronic newsletters, they may cancel their subscription.
B. Obligations of Member Registration
In order to register as a new Member and use our Service, the Member agrees to the following:
- The information provided by the Member when registering their new account is completely accurate and up-to-date, and is not in the name of any third party. The Member shall also only create one account and not register any additional accounts.
- The Member shall keep their user information up-to-date and promptly update any information that is old or inaccurate, in order to be provided with the best possible service.
- If a Member provides any false or incorrect information, or fails to provide information that is requested, or if any necessary information is missing, or registers a duplicate account, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Member's account without prior notice and refuse to provide the Service in whole or in part.
C. Member Account & Password Security
After completing the Member registration procedure, the Member shall receive a specific account name and password. It is the Member's responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of this account name and password. Any time the Member's account name and password are entered in accordance with normal procedures to log in, regardless of whether or not they have been personally entered by the Member themselves, it will be presumed that the person who has entered this account name and password is the Member themselves, and the Member shall be held responsible for all actions carried out after login.
- The Company shall protect the personal information of every Member. For all personal information provided by the Member, except in circumstances where the Member may be breaking the law, is infringing upon the rights of others, is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or of any related regulations or agreements of use for any specific Service, or by prior permission from the Member, the Company shall not provide the Member's personal information to any third party, including to any advertising firms that sponsor the Company.
- In the event of any circumstances listed below, the Company may examine or provide the Member's personal information or related telecommunications information to the relevant government agency or to the third party who has claimed that their rights have been infringed upon and have provided appropriate proof:
- In accordance with the law, or in accordance of an order by the judiciary or by another relevant government agency;
- The Member is breaking the law, is infringing upon the rights of others or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or of any related regulations or agreements of use for any specific Service;
- In order to protect the security of the Service system or the legitimate rights and interests of the operator;
- In order to protect the legitimate rights and interests of other users or of third parties;
- To maintain the normal operation of the system;
D. Protection of Children & Adolescents
To ensure the safety of children and adolescents when using the internet, and to avoid any infringement of privacy rights, parents (or guardians) shall meet the following obligations: any children under 12 years old who use the Service should be accompanied at all times, and any adolescents over 12 years old but under 18 years old should be given consent prior to using the Service.
E. Users' Obligations and Commitments to Legal Compliance
The Member undertakes not to use this Service for any illegal purposes or in any illegal manner, and further undertakes to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the Republic of China and international practice on Internet use. The Member, if a non-R.O.C. user, further agrees to comply with the laws and regulations of their country or region. The Member agrees and warrants they shall not use the Service to perform acts that may infringe upon others' rights and interests or violate the law, including, without limitation:
- Publishing or transmitting any text, image, or any form of file that is defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, indecent, obscene, false, contrary to public order or good moral, or otherwise unlawful
- Infringing on or causing damage to the Company's or others' reputation, privacy, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, patents, other intellectual property rights or other rights
- Violating the duty of confidentiality under law or contract, or using this Service in another person's name fraudulently
- Transmitting or spreading computer viruses
- Engaging in commercial activity without prior authorization by the Company
- Publishing, transferring or sending spam emails, chain mails, or multi-level marketing messages or advertisements that are illegal or do not have prior authorization by the Company; or storing any information that infringes upon the intellectual property rights of others or violates the law
- Behavior towards other users of the Service or third parties that causes distress, displeasure or violates normal internet etiquette
- Other acts that do not conform to the purpose of use provided by the Service, or that the Company has reasonable grounds to determine to be inappropriate
F. Changes to the Contents of the Service and the Transmission of Electronic Newsletters & EDM
The Member agrees to the scope of the Service provided by the Company, and that in accordance with business needs or the actual situation, the Company may increase, decrease, change or terminate the related Service items or content, without the need to notify the Member personally.
- The Member agrees that according to the actual situation during implementation, the Company may add, modify or terminate relevant events, and will choose the most appropriate way to inform Members.
- The Member agrees that the Company may from time to time send electronic newsletters or event messages (EDM) to the Member's registered email account(s). If the Member indicates they do not wish to receive marketing material after receiving a message, the Company will discontinue sending further messages.
G. Service Stoppage or Interruption
The Company will maintain the normal operation of the system and the Service in accordance with generally reasonable techniques and methods. However, in the following circumstances, the Company reserves the right to stop or interrupt the provision of the Service:
- When it is necessary to carry out maintenance or installation of the Company's website or electronic communications equipment
- In the event of the sudden failure of electronic communications equipment
- In case of force majeure or other factors that cannot be attributed to the Company, resulting in the Company's website being unable to provide the Service
H. The Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, trademark rights, patent rights, copyrights, trade secrets and know-how etc., that subsist in the contents of software, programs, and websites used by the Company, including, without limitation, works, images, files, information, data, website structures, website layouts, web page design, are owned by the Company or other rights holders according to law. No direct use, modification, reproduction, public broadcast, adaptation, distribution, publication, public release, reverse engineering, decompilation or disassembly by anyone is permitted. If the Member wishes to quote or reprint the software, program or website contents, they must obtain the prior written consent of the Company. Respect for intellectual property rights is a Member's obligation, and if there is any breach, the Member shall be liable for damages (including but not limited to litigation costs and attorneys' fees) to the Company.
- Under the principle of respecting the intellectual property rights of others, the Member agrees that when using the Company's services they shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others.
- In the event that the Member is involved in infringement, the Company may suspend provision of the Service in whole or in part, or proceed with the cancellation of the Member's account.
I. Member's Authorization of Chan Chao International
For any information the Member has uploaded, transmitted, entered or provided to the Company, the Member agrees that the Company may, within reasonable bounds, collect, process, save, transmit and use such information in order to provide the user with other information or services, or to create membership statistics, or to conduct surveys or research into internet behavior, or for any other legal use. If the Member has no legal right to authorize others to use, modify, reproduce, publicly broadcast, change, distribute, publish or publicly announce certain information, or transfer the aforementioned rights to a third party, please do not upload, transmit, enter or provide this information to the Company. For any information uploaded, transmitted, entered or provided to the Company by the Member, it will be assumed that the Member has allowed the Company to unconditionally use, modify, reproduce, publicly broadcast, change, distribute, publish or publicly announce such information, or transfer the aforementioned rights to a third party, and the Member shall have no objections. The Member shall also guarantee that any information provided to be used, modified, reproduced, publicly broadcast, changed, distributed, published, publicly announced or transferred by the Company shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, otherwise they shall bear the liability towards the Company for the resulting damages (including but not limited to litigation costs and attorney's' fees).
J. Termination of Service
- According to business operations, the Company reserves the right to terminate the provision of the Service in whole or in part at any time, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages or compensation to the Member as a result of this termination.
- If the Member violates these Terms and Conditions or related regulations or agreements of use that apply to the Service, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of the Service at any time and shall not be liable for any damages or compensation to the Member as a result.
K. Amendments to these Terms & Conditions
The Company reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions and related regulations or agreements of use that apply to the Service at any time. The amended contents will be published on the relevant pages of the Member Service website and Members will not be individually notified.
L. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and related regulations or agreements of use that apply to the Service shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China.
- In the case of litigation arising from a dispute involving the Service, or these Terms and Conditions or related regulations or agreements of use that apply to the Service, the Taipei District Court shall be the first instance court of jurisdiction.