Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has urged the government to take advantage of the “demographic dividend” to ensure the development of the country, noting that in less than 20 years, 67 percent of its population will be of working age.
The UN agency said that only 33pc of people will be categorised as dependents by 2035.
“So that’s a significant turning point for Myanmar,” Ramanathan Balakrishnan, UNFPA’s representative for Myanmar, said.
He added that Myanmar is at the threshold of a demographic dividend, which could be used to significantly boost the economic growth of the country.
The agency said that Myanmar needs to invest in the quality and wider access of education, health and jobs in order to profit from the dividend.
Source From：The Myanmar Times
Related Link：Click Here
- A pretty good place to start’: Serving Myanmar’s farmers Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2019-05-16
- Overseas Buyer Delegations Subsidy Program VIETNAMWOOD / 2019-05-15
- VietnamWood Promotional Video is out now!! VIETNAMWOOD / 2019-05-14
- New industrial zone proposed northwest of Yangon Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2019-05-10
- Supporting Message from Minister of Industry & Handicraft CIMIF / 2019-05-10
- Supporting Message from Minister of Industry & Handicraft CTG / 2019-05-10
- MoU on rice exports signed with Yunnan govt Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2019-04-24
- 2019 Brand-new 【Opto Semiconductor Thematic Pavilion】Join Us Now! Display International / 2019-04-15
- 2019 Foreign Buyer Incentive Program is now officially online! Display International / 2019-04-03
- 2019 Foreign Buyer Incentive Program is now officially online! Smart Manufacturing & Monitech Taiwan / 2019-04-03
- Hanoi Plas Print Pack Returns with Significant Scale Expansion Hanoi PPP / 2019-04-01
- 柬埔寨2018年成衣與鞋類出口額近百億美元 CTG / 2019-04-01
- UAE keen to invest in Bangladesh: envoy Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2019-03-25
- 2019 World Coffee Roasting Championship in Taiwan! Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2019-03-21
- Why ATLife ? ATLife / 2019-03-21
- Join ATLife July 25-28, 2019 at Taipei, Taiwan ATLife / 2019-03-21
- Chinese manufacturer invests $150M despite EBA concerns CTG / 2019-03-18
- Gold Panel Awards 2019 Display International / 2019-03-14
- Taiwan Digital Signage Awards 2019 Display International / 2019-03-14
- Cambodia’s Garment Exports Increase 24% CTG / 2019-02-21