Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth
Expo: Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition
Per capita income rises to $1,751, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
Bangladesh has achieved the highest-ever 7.86% GDP growth in the 2017-18 fiscal year, widely surpassing the estimated growth of 7.65%.
The per capita income has increased to $1,751 in FY2017-18 from $1,610 in the previous fiscal year, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS).
The final figure of the country’s economic growth was placed at the meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) held in the council’s conference room on Tuesday, reported UNB.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who is also the chairperson of Ecnec, chaired the meeting.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said the GDP size increased to Tk22.5 trillion ($274.11 billion) in FY2017-18, rising from Tk19.76 trillion in FY2016-17.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
- 2019 Brand-new 【Opto Semiconductor Thematic Pavilion】Join Us Now! Display International / 2019-04-15
- Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’ MTG / 2019-04-09
- 2019 Foreign Buyer Incentive Program is now officially online! Display International / 2019-04-03
- 柬埔寨2018年成衣與鞋類出口額近百億美元 CTG / 2019-04-01
- Hanoi Plas Print Pack Returns with Significant Scale Expansion Hanoi PPP / 2019-04-01
- Updated National Export Strategy to add new sectors, address constraints MTG / 2019-03-29
- UAE keen to invest in Bangladesh: envoy Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2019-03-25
- Why ATLife ? ATLife / 2019-03-21
- 2019 World Coffee Roasting Championship in Taiwan! Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2019-03-21
- Join ATLife July 25-28, 2019 at Taipei, Taiwan ATLife / 2019-03-21
- Myanmar's CMP export volume reaches $2 bn in 5 months MTG / 2019-03-20
- Chinese manufacturer invests $150M despite EBA concerns CTG / 2019-03-18
- Gold Panel Awards 2019 Display International / 2019-03-14
- Taiwan Digital Signage Awards 2019 Display International / 2019-03-14
- Cambodia’s Garment Exports Increase 24% CTG / 2019-02-21
- Happy Chinese New Year! Display International / 2019-01-30
- 2019 Automotive Display & IVI System Thematic Pavilion! Now Accepting Applications! Display International / 2019-01-23
- Allocate special zone for plastic products makers Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2019-01-18
- Asian Biotechnology Conference BIO ASIA to be held in Taiwan for the first time BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2019-01-16
- IPF 2019 Press Release Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2019-01-01