Commerce Ministry to sign MoU with Yunnan on agro exports
Expo: Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition
Ministry of Commerce will sign a MoU with Yunnan provincial government in June to officially export rice, sugar, maize and other agricultural products to China, said U Khin Maung Lwin, assistant permanent secretary of the Commerce Ministry.
“Trade Department will sign the MoU with Yunnan province government to export agro products to China and import agricultural equipment, fertilizers, electronics and steel and steel equipments from China. The MoU signing came after detailed discussions with relevant organizations, Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Myanmar Rice Federation,” he added.
This MoU signing between the two countries exceeds the quota. Currently, there are border trade and maritime trade. The country exports goods to other countries via normal trade routes. It is a bilateral talk. It has nothing to do with quota.”
“In fact, merchants from both countries will sign contracts,” he continued.
China is the biggest trading partner of Myanmar.
At a coordination meeting on development of China-Myanmar border trade, Union Commerce Minister Dr Than Myint said, the border trade volume at China-Myanmar border is the highest. Development of border trade would bring benefits to traders including ethnic entrepreneurs as well as bringing about more revenue income, more employment opportunities and improvement of transport sector and socio-economic status of locals.”
Read more: http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/business/14094
- Can China-Myanmar Economic Corridor overcome hurdles to progress? Myanmar Wood / 2018-07-19
- Wooden furniture manufacturers thrive thanks to CPTPP VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-18
- Clothes exports kick into high gear CTG / 2018-07-18
- Made in Bangladesh: scaling up green apparel manufacturing Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-17
- Vietnam, India boost cooperation in apparel industry VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-17
- Chances for Vietnam’s leather industry abundant in 2018 VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-15
- Total FDI in Thilawa SEZ project hit nearly $ 150 m in three months Myanmar Wood / 2018-07-15
- Industry 4.0 benefits will be inclusive, Vietnam PM asserts VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-14
- Tech disruption calls for strong retraining programmes: Amro CTG / 2018-07-13
- Facilitating the growth of textile and garment exports VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-13
- Chinese demand for Myanmar cotton could surge on trade war with US MTG / 2018-07-13
- The next generation for the textile industry. VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-12
- Agenda announced for the Academia Technology Presentations BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-07-12
- Timber sector asked to closely track US-China trade war VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-11
- Vietnam among top five global textile exporters VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-10
- Invest more in female garment workers Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-09
- Bopp Films Packaging Market will Reach US$ 21,736.5 Mn in 2025 Myanmar PPP / 2018-07-06
- As plastic sector booms, Vietnamese firms are easy prey Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-07-06
- Bopp Films Packaging Market will Reach US$ 21,736.5 Mn in 2025 Vietnam HCM Pack Print Food / 2018-07-06
- RMG exports saw 8.76% growth last fiscal year Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-05