Commerce Ministry to sign MoU with Yunnan on agro exports
Expo: Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition
Ministry of Commerce will sign a MoU with Yunnan provincial government in June to officially export rice, sugar, maize and other agricultural products to China, said U Khin Maung Lwin, assistant permanent secretary of the Commerce Ministry.
“Trade Department will sign the MoU with Yunnan province government to export agro products to China and import agricultural equipment, fertilizers, electronics and steel and steel equipments from China. The MoU signing came after detailed discussions with relevant organizations, Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Myanmar Rice Federation,” he added.
This MoU signing between the two countries exceeds the quota. Currently, there are border trade and maritime trade. The country exports goods to other countries via normal trade routes. It is a bilateral talk. It has nothing to do with quota.”
“In fact, merchants from both countries will sign contracts,” he continued.
China is the biggest trading partner of Myanmar.
At a coordination meeting on development of China-Myanmar border trade, Union Commerce Minister Dr Than Myint said, the border trade volume at China-Myanmar border is the highest. Development of border trade would bring benefits to traders including ethnic entrepreneurs as well as bringing about more revenue income, more employment opportunities and improvement of transport sector and socio-economic status of locals.”
Read more: http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/business/14094
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-19
- Lucky Draw! Prize Winner Released! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- 2018 TTG Once Every Four Years Ceremony You Shouldn’t Miss Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG Grand Opening Day Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-13
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-07
- Plastic goods exports see spurt on back of policy support Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-09-07
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-07
- Pioneering Maubin industrial zone moves forward Myanmar PPP / 2018-09-07
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-05
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-31
- Sign up to get free ticket NOW Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2018-08-30
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-24
- Nearly 80 foreign enterprises permitted to run in Myanmar's Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-23
- Myanma Awba opens new agrochemical production complex in Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-20
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months MTG / 2018-08-19
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices MTG / 2018-08-18
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-18
- Myanmar earns US$1.4 M from CMP export MTG / 2018-08-17