Increasing Chinese investment in wood industry concerns Vietnamese businesses.
Việt Nam earned US$4.15 billion from exports of wood and wooden products in the first six months of this year, marking an increase of 8.4 per cent compared with the same period last year.
A report from the Việt Nam Forestry Administration under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said that the United States, China, Japan and South Korea remained the four largest importers of wood and wooden products from Việt Nam, accounting for 78 per cent of the country’s total export value.
The country also spent nearly $1.1 billion importing wood, up 2 per cent year on year. Imports from the US, German and France rose during the first half of this year, while shipments from Cambodia and Malaysia fell.
Source From: Viet Nam News
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-19
- Lucky Draw! Prize Winner Released! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- 2018 TTG Once Every Four Years Ceremony You Shouldn’t Miss Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG Grand Opening Day Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-13
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-07
- Plastic goods exports see spurt on back of policy support Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-09-07
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-07
- Pioneering Maubin industrial zone moves forward Myanmar PPP / 2018-09-07
- UMFCCI and IFC to cooperate on food safety Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-09-07
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-05
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-31
- Sign up to get free ticket NOW Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2018-08-30
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-24
- Nearly 80 foreign enterprises permitted to run in Myanmar's Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-23
- Myanma Awba opens new agrochemical production complex in Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-20
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months MTG / 2018-08-19
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices MTG / 2018-08-18
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-18