Chinese investors mull expansion plans in Myanmar
Expo: Myanmar Wood
Chinese investors have been showing keener interest to do business with Myanmar.
At the China (Dezhou) Myanmar Economic Trade and Investment Cooperation Seminar on Monday, during which Chinese firms sought business partners in Myanmar for the purposes of trade and investment, Li Lian Jun, chairman of China Chamber of International Commerce (CCOIC), said firms are interested in the energy, agriculture and manufacturing sectors.
Chinese firms are showing more interest in Myanmar at a time when the ongoing trade war between China and the US, which has seen the latter slap 25 percent tariffs on up to $50 billion of Chinese goods, is intensifying.
As a result of the trade tensions, some Chinese manufacturing businesses have enquired about moving their production facilities to Myanmar’s Thilawa Special Economic Zone, U Than Aung Kyaw, deputy director general of Directorate of Investment & Company Administration, told The Myanmar Times last month.
Source From: The Myanmar Times
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-19
- Lucky Draw! Prize Winner Released! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- 2018 TTG Once Every Four Years Ceremony You Shouldn’t Miss Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG Grand Opening Day Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-13
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-07
- Plastic goods exports see spurt on back of policy support Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-09-07
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-07
- Pioneering Maubin industrial zone moves forward Myanmar PPP / 2018-09-07
- UMFCCI and IFC to cooperate on food safety Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-09-07
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-05
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-31
- Sign up to get free ticket NOW Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2018-08-30
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-24
- Nearly 80 foreign enterprises permitted to run in Myanmar's Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-23
- Myanma Awba opens new agrochemical production complex in Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-20
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months MTG / 2018-08-19
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices MTG / 2018-08-18
- Myanmar earns US$1.4 M from CMP export MTG / 2018-08-17
- Govt eases trade union rules Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-08-16