Wang Yi meets Myanmar official, pushes for China-Myanmar economic corridor
Expo: Myanmar PPP
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi met with the minister of Myanmar's State Counsellor Office Kyaw Tint Swe in Beijing Thursday. The two sides agreed to strengthen their comprehensive strategic cooperation as well as to protect peace and stability in their border regions.
Wang called on the two countries to boost the development of the China-Myanmar economic corridor, one of the highlight projects of the Belt and Road Initiative. Given its unique location, Myanmar plays an important role in the Belt and Road Initiative, and as such, the Southeast Asian country is seen as a key hub connecting both the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and the Silk Road Economic Belt, Wang said.
The Myanmar minister added that he appreciates China's contributions to the peace process in Myanmar and hopes Beijing could continue to do so.
Back in November 2017, Wang introduced China's opinions on the situation in Myanmar's Rakhine State and suggested addressing this issue in three phases when jointly meeting the press with State Counselor and Foreign Minister Aung San Suu Kyi. Wang said China believes the best approach to solve the issue of the Rakhine State is to find an acceptable solution for both Myanmar and Bangladesh through bilateral consultations.
The Ministry of Myanmar's State Counsellor Office was established in 2016 after Aung San Suu Kyi was appointed as the country's State Counselor.
This is the 68th year since the two sides established diplomatic ties. China has become Myanmar’s top trading partner with 13.5 billion US dollars in bilateral trade in 2017, a yearly increase of 10 percent.
Read more: https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d414e3055444e78457a6333566d54/share_p.html
- Can China-Myanmar Economic Corridor overcome hurdles to progress? Myanmar Wood / 2018-07-19
- Wooden furniture manufacturers thrive thanks to CPTPP VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-18
- Clothes exports kick into high gear CTG / 2018-07-18
- Made in Bangladesh: scaling up green apparel manufacturing Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-17
- Vietnam, India boost cooperation in apparel industry VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-17
- Chances for Vietnam’s leather industry abundant in 2018 VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-15
- Total FDI in Thilawa SEZ project hit nearly $ 150 m in three months Myanmar Wood / 2018-07-15
- Industry 4.0 benefits will be inclusive, Vietnam PM asserts VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-14
- Tech disruption calls for strong retraining programmes: Amro CTG / 2018-07-13
- Facilitating the growth of textile and garment exports VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-13
- Chinese demand for Myanmar cotton could surge on trade war with US MTG / 2018-07-13
- Agenda announced for the Academia Technology Presentations BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-07-12
- The next generation for the textile industry. VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-12
- Timber sector asked to closely track US-China trade war VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-07-11
- Vietnam among top five global textile exporters VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-07-10
- Invest more in female garment workers Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-09
- Bopp Films Packaging Market will Reach US$ 21,736.5 Mn in 2025 Vietnam HCM Pack Print Food / 2018-07-06
- Commerce Ministry to sign MoU with Yunnan on agro exports Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-07-06
- As plastic sector booms, Vietnamese firms are easy prey Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-07-06
- RMG exports saw 8.76% growth last fiscal year Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-07-05