Wang Yi meets Myanmar official, pushes for China-Myanmar economic corridor
Expo: Myanmar PPP
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi met with the minister of Myanmar's State Counsellor Office Kyaw Tint Swe in Beijing Thursday. The two sides agreed to strengthen their comprehensive strategic cooperation as well as to protect peace and stability in their border regions.
Wang called on the two countries to boost the development of the China-Myanmar economic corridor, one of the highlight projects of the Belt and Road Initiative. Given its unique location, Myanmar plays an important role in the Belt and Road Initiative, and as such, the Southeast Asian country is seen as a key hub connecting both the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and the Silk Road Economic Belt, Wang said.
The Myanmar minister added that he appreciates China's contributions to the peace process in Myanmar and hopes Beijing could continue to do so.
Back in November 2017, Wang introduced China's opinions on the situation in Myanmar's Rakhine State and suggested addressing this issue in three phases when jointly meeting the press with State Counselor and Foreign Minister Aung San Suu Kyi. Wang said China believes the best approach to solve the issue of the Rakhine State is to find an acceptable solution for both Myanmar and Bangladesh through bilateral consultations.
The Ministry of Myanmar's State Counsellor Office was established in 2016 after Aung San Suu Kyi was appointed as the country's State Counselor.
This is the 68th year since the two sides established diplomatic ties. China has become Myanmar’s top trading partner with 13.5 billion US dollars in bilateral trade in 2017, a yearly increase of 10 percent.
Read more: https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d414e3055444e78457a6333566d54/share_p.html
- Happy Chinese New Year! Display International / 2019-01-30
- 2019 Automotive Display & IVI System Thematic Pavilion! Now Accepting Applications! Display International / 2019-01-23
- Asian Biotechnology Conference BIO ASIA to be held in Taiwan for the first time BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2019-01-16
- 2019 Vacuum Technology Thematic Pavilion, Now Accepting Application! Display International / 2019-01-10
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2019-01-09
- Free Shuttle Bus Service Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2019-01-08
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2019-01-07
- IPF 2019 Press Release Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2019-01-01
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-12-19
- 2019 Commercial Display & Digital Signage Thematic Pavilion! Now Accepting Applications! Display International / 2018-12-14
- 仰光举行第七届国际纺织暨制衣机械展（视频） MTG / 2018-12-09
- Build Your Team with Global Players Here MTG / 2018-12-08
- Influential Leaders Kickoff the Annual Ceremony MTG / 2018-12-06
- Plan Your Visit to Brand New Venue MTG / 2018-12-05
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-11-20
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-11-19
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-11-17
- MTG2018 --Pre-Launching Ceremony MTG / 2018-11-02
- The 4 in 1 Myanmar Int'l Manufacturing Industry Fairs, one-stop-purchasing platform for total solution Myanmar MachTool / 2018-11-01
- The Leading Star of Textile & Garment Industry in Growing Age. MTG / 2018-11-01