Vietnam post $3.1bn trade surplus in Jan-Apr
Expo: VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition
Vietnam recorded a trade surplus of US$3.1 billion in the year to April 15, the latest statistics from the General Department of Vietnam Customs show.
The country’s exports in the four-month period topped $64.4 billion, up 22.8 percent from the same period last year, while imports stood at $61.3 billion, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
This means a total import-export turnover of $125.7 billion, a 17 percent rise year on year, and a trade surplus of $3.1 billion.
Mobile phones and components, garments-textiles, computers and electronic components, and machines and equipment remain Vietnam’s major export staples. Footwear, transport vehicles and accessories, timber and wooden products, aquatic products, coffee, and iron and steel also contributed greatly to the strong export results.
As of mid-April, foreign direct investment (FDI) businesses posted a trade surplus of $9.4 billion, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
FDI firms raked in $45.9 billion from exports, against imports of $36.5 billion. The FDI sector’s exports rose24.3 percent from the same period last year, making up 71.3 percent of Vietnam’s total export revenue.
Vietnam’s export-import turnover hit a record $400 billion in 2017, representing a fourfold increase from its first-ever $100 billion mark in 2007, the year it joined the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The figure rose to $200 billion in 2011, and $300 billion in 2015.
Vietnam currently has 30 export groups with an annual turnover of at least $1 billion each, including textiles, leather, footwear, coal and crude oil.
Vietnam has trade relations with more than 200 countries and territories around the world, gradually moving import-export markets from Asia to Europe and America.
Source From: Tuoi Tre News
- Safer trucks handed over for garment workers CTG / 2018-05-23
- ATLife visitor pre-registration is now open ! ATLife / 2018-05-18
- BGMEA president demands special trains to Ctg Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-05-15
- Taiwan Digital Signage Awards 2018 Display International / 2018-05-12
- Gold Panel Awards 2018 Display International / 2018-05-12
- Chinese investors eye garment sector MTG / 2018-05-09
- EU, U.S. reluctant to remove trade preferences for Cambodia garments: Fitch's BMI CTG / 2018-05-09
- Wood exports to hit record high VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-05-09
- Bangladesh takes over global denim markets Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-05-09
- Myanmar Timber Enterprise targets higher sales, commercial restructuring Myanmar Wood / 2018-05-08
- Myanmar and South Korea to increase trade and investment Myanmar Wood / 2018-04-30
- Party chief: Vietnam wants to expand cooperative ties with Myanmar MTG / 2018-04-27
- Future bright for VN’s woodworking industry VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-04-27
- A close look at the garment industry with GMAC’s John Cha CTG / 2018-04-27
- Bangladesh still popular for low-cost apparel Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-04-27
- Online Registration Open! ATLife / 2018-04-25
- Myanmar takes another step to join EU-led forest protection agreement Myanmar Wood / 2018-04-19
- BGMEA celebrates graduation to developing country Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-04-19
- Garment industry gears up for rise in minimum wage MTG / 2018-04-19
- CDC gives nod for 9 new textile & footwear projects CTG / 2018-04-19