Vietnam post $3.1bn trade surplus in Jan-Apr
Expo: VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition
Vietnam recorded a trade surplus of US$3.1 billion in the year to April 15, the latest statistics from the General Department of Vietnam Customs show.
The country’s exports in the four-month period topped $64.4 billion, up 22.8 percent from the same period last year, while imports stood at $61.3 billion, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
This means a total import-export turnover of $125.7 billion, a 17 percent rise year on year, and a trade surplus of $3.1 billion.
Mobile phones and components, garments-textiles, computers and electronic components, and machines and equipment remain Vietnam’s major export staples. Footwear, transport vehicles and accessories, timber and wooden products, aquatic products, coffee, and iron and steel also contributed greatly to the strong export results.
As of mid-April, foreign direct investment (FDI) businesses posted a trade surplus of $9.4 billion, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
FDI firms raked in $45.9 billion from exports, against imports of $36.5 billion. The FDI sector’s exports rose24.3 percent from the same period last year, making up 71.3 percent of Vietnam’s total export revenue.
Vietnam’s export-import turnover hit a record $400 billion in 2017, representing a fourfold increase from its first-ever $100 billion mark in 2007, the year it joined the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The figure rose to $200 billion in 2011, and $300 billion in 2015.
Vietnam currently has 30 export groups with an annual turnover of at least $1 billion each, including textiles, leather, footwear, coal and crude oil.
Vietnam has trade relations with more than 200 countries and territories around the world, gradually moving import-export markets from Asia to Europe and America.
Source From: Tuoi Tre News
- Micro/Mini LED Product and Solution, Join us for 2019 Display International / 2018-10-07
- CHƯƠNG TRÌNH HỘI THẢO - THỰC TRẠNG RÁC THẢI NHỰA VÀ ĐẦU TƯ XỬ LÝ CHẤT THẢI NHỰA Ở VIỆT NAM Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-28
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-19
- Lucky Draw! Prize Winner Released! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-09-17
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-09-16
- FaceBook Live Broadcast for Introducing TTG by Taiwanese Artiest 馬妞! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-15
- 2018 TTG Once Every Four Years Ceremony You Shouldn’t Miss Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-14
- 2018 TTG Grand Opening Day Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-13
- Industry 4.0 can catalyze ASEAN development: Vietnam PM VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-09-11
- Apparel pushes up exports to US Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-09-09
- Vietnamese firms look to establish foothold in Mexican market VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-09-08
- UMFCCI and IFC to cooperate on food safety Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-09-07
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-07
- Plastic goods exports see spurt on back of policy support Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-09-07
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-07
- Pioneering Maubin industrial zone moves forward Myanmar PPP / 2018-09-07
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-05
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-09-03