Equipment suppliers target garment manufacturers
Foreign firms seeking to capitalise on Myanmar’s booming garment sector will be travelling to the country for an exhibition targeting local manufacturers later this week.
The sixth Myanmar International Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition (MTG 2017), to be held at Myanmar Event Park from December 8 to 11, will bring together 350 exhibitors from 13 countries.
Organised by Yorkers Trade & Marketing Service Co, Ltd in partnership with the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA), the event aims to meet the strong demand for new machinery equipment and fabrics from cut-make-pack (CMP) garment makers in Myanmar to drive continued export growth.
This year’s show includes machines from renowned international brands including Tajima, Juki, Cixing, Viet, Mimaki and more.
MTG 2017 has also received strong support from the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry and Taiwan Sewing Machinery Association.
Myanmar’s garment sector has grown dramatically in recent years with economic reforms, the lifting of sanctions and reinstatement of trade preferences by Western countries.
Government figures show Myanmar earned US$1.6 billion from CMP exports in the first 11 months of 2017, up from around $1 billion the previous year. The rapid growth in recent years has made garments the country’s third-largest export category and it employs hundreds of thousands of workers. A number of major international brands, including H&M and Primark, now source their products from Myanmar.
Source From: Frontier Myanmar
- MTG X GRAB: The best exhibition experience you shall have 2017/12/05
- 2017 Press Release (MM) 2017/11/17
- 2017 Press Release (EN) 2017/11/17
- Visit for FREE! Registration NOW! 2018/01/17
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch of Generic HIV Drug 2018/01/16
- Taiwan biomedical revenues may break NT$500 billion in 2018 2018/01/15
- Vietnam makes effective rubber investment in Lao province 2018/01/12
- Foreign-invested convenience stores seek to find firm niche in Vietnam 2018/01/12
- Foreign-invested convenience stores seek to find firm niche in Vietnam 2018/01/11
- Bangladesh to attain 8% growth by 2019 2018/01/11
- Top 10 Pharma and Biotech 2018 Trends to Watch 2018/01/11