Equipment suppliers target garment manufacturers
Foreign firms seeking to capitalise on Myanmar’s booming garment sector will be travelling to the country for an exhibition targeting local manufacturers later this week.
The sixth Myanmar International Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition (MTG 2017), to be held at Myanmar Event Park from December 8 to 11, will bring together 350 exhibitors from 13 countries.
Organised by Yorkers Trade & Marketing Service Co, Ltd in partnership with the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA), the event aims to meet the strong demand for new machinery equipment and fabrics from cut-make-pack (CMP) garment makers in Myanmar to drive continued export growth.
This year’s show includes machines from renowned international brands including Tajima, Juki, Cixing, Viet, Mimaki and more.
MTG 2017 has also received strong support from the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry and Taiwan Sewing Machinery Association.
Myanmar’s garment sector has grown dramatically in recent years with economic reforms, the lifting of sanctions and reinstatement of trade preferences by Western countries.
Government figures show Myanmar earned US$1.6 billion from CMP exports in the first 11 months of 2017, up from around $1 billion the previous year. The rapid growth in recent years has made garments the country’s third-largest export category and it employs hundreds of thousands of workers. A number of major international brands, including H&M and Primark, now source their products from Myanmar.
Source From: Frontier Myanmar
- Ocugen preps dry eye disease drug for phase 3 BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-21
- An Innovative Biotech Strategy: Listen to Patients BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-20
- Taiwan’s Biotech Boom BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-19
- Biotech Looks Healthy BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-13
- Tangible ideas Myanmar Wood / 2018-03-09
- 2018 to be good year for wood products export VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-03-09
- Myanmar and Japan to hold the third Joint Economic Conference: Participation of Keidanren Myanmar PPP / 2018-03-09
- Myanmar and Japan to hold the third Joint Economic Conference: Participation of Keidanren Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-03-09
- How to trade biotech stocks ? BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-09
- Bangladesh, Vietnam to raise trade to $2 bln Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-03-09
- Bangladesh, Vietnam to raise trade to $2 bln Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-03-09
- Bangladesh, Vietnam to raise trade to $2 bln Vietnam HCM Pack Print Food / 2018-03-09
- Bangladesh, Vietnam to raise trade to $2 bln Hanoi PPP / 2018-03-09
- This Spanish Biotech Might Have the First Effective Treatment for a Rare Blood Condition BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-08
- VCs Are Pouring Billions into Biotech in 2018 BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-07
- Biotech startup is creating ‘superblood’ to battle cancer BioTaiwan Exhibition / 2018-03-06
- Yangon furniture zone in the works Myanmar Wood / 2018-03-06
- Japan to fund four new local projects CIMIF / 2018-03-06
- Myanmar plans to grow home furnishings sector Myanmar Wood / 2018-03-05
- Cosmetics market to grow by 25% to $20 billion by 2025 Taipei Int'l Healthcare & Medical Cosmetology Expo / 2018-03-05