Equipment suppliers target garment manufacturers
Foreign firms seeking to capitalise on Myanmar’s booming garment sector will be travelling to the country for an exhibition targeting local manufacturers later this week.
The sixth Myanmar International Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition (MTG 2017), to be held at Myanmar Event Park from December 8 to 11, will bring together 350 exhibitors from 13 countries.
Organised by Yorkers Trade & Marketing Service Co, Ltd in partnership with the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA), the event aims to meet the strong demand for new machinery equipment and fabrics from cut-make-pack (CMP) garment makers in Myanmar to drive continued export growth.
This year’s show includes machines from renowned international brands including Tajima, Juki, Cixing, Viet, Mimaki and more.
MTG 2017 has also received strong support from the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry and Taiwan Sewing Machinery Association.
Myanmar’s garment sector has grown dramatically in recent years with economic reforms, the lifting of sanctions and reinstatement of trade preferences by Western countries.
Government figures show Myanmar earned US$1.6 billion from CMP exports in the first 11 months of 2017, up from around $1 billion the previous year. The rapid growth in recent years has made garments the country’s third-largest export category and it employs hundreds of thousands of workers. A number of major international brands, including H&M and Primark, now source their products from Myanmar.
Source From: Frontier Myanmar
- Japan to provide $1.8b for six Bangladesh mega projects Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-06-15
- Processing, manufacturing industry attractive for foreign investors Hanoi PPP / 2018-06-15
- Myanmar Insight’ in Thailand to boost bilateral economic ties Myanmar PPP / 2018-06-15
- Thai, Japanese, South Korean investors buy Vietnamese plastics companies Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-06-15
- GAP system encouraged for export in Myanmar Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-06-15
- Processing, manufacturing industry attractive for foreign investors Vietnam HCM Pack Print Food / 2018-06-15
- Workers to get three days off for polls CTG / 2018-06-15
- Garment & textile sector, magnet for foreign investors VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-06-14
- Regional Conference on ‘Advancing BIMSTEC Cooperation’ Myanmar Wood / 2018-06-14
- Wooden furniture firms advised to optimise domestic materials VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-06-13
- Apparel exports to US rebound Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-06-12
- Vietnam garment firms sustain growth in traditional markets VTG - Vietnam Int'l Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition / 2018-06-08
- Bangladesh-made jerseys win global hearts Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-06-07
- Need to scale up waste collection rates revealed as Coca-Cola pushes recycling Myanmar PPP / 2018-06-07
- GDP to grow 7.65pc by end of 2017-18FY Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-06-07
- 10 Myanmar companies take part in Bangkok trade show Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-06-07
- Experts: Vietnam-Australia trade set to grow Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-06-07
- Cashew exports hit over 1.3 billion USD Vietnam HCM Pack Print Food / 2018-06-07
- Cambodia and EAEU fortify ties, consider FTA CTG / 2018-06-07
- Vietnam, Canada boost trade ties VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-06-07