Equipment suppliers target garment manufacturers
Foreign firms seeking to capitalise on Myanmar’s booming garment sector will be travelling to the country for an exhibition targeting local manufacturers later this week.
The sixth Myanmar International Textile & Garment Industry Exhibition (MTG 2017), to be held at Myanmar Event Park from December 8 to 11, will bring together 350 exhibitors from 13 countries.
Organised by Yorkers Trade & Marketing Service Co, Ltd in partnership with the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA), the event aims to meet the strong demand for new machinery equipment and fabrics from cut-make-pack (CMP) garment makers in Myanmar to drive continued export growth.
This year’s show includes machines from renowned international brands including Tajima, Juki, Cixing, Viet, Mimaki and more.
MTG 2017 has also received strong support from the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry and Taiwan Sewing Machinery Association.
Myanmar’s garment sector has grown dramatically in recent years with economic reforms, the lifting of sanctions and reinstatement of trade preferences by Western countries.
Government figures show Myanmar earned US$1.6 billion from CMP exports in the first 11 months of 2017, up from around $1 billion the previous year. The rapid growth in recent years has made garments the country’s third-largest export category and it employs hundreds of thousands of workers. A number of major international brands, including H&M and Primark, now source their products from Myanmar.
Source From: Frontier Myanmar
- Lucky Draw! Prize Winner Released! Taiwan Int'l Textile & Garment Machinery Exhibition / 2018-09-18
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-07
- Plastic goods exports see spurt on back of policy support Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-09-07
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months Vietnam Plas (HCM) / 2018-09-07
- Pioneering Maubin industrial zone moves forward Myanmar PPP / 2018-09-07
- UMFCCI and IFC to cooperate on food safety Myanmar Agro Food Exhibition / 2018-09-07
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December Myanmar MachTool / 2018-09-05
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-31
- Sign up to get free ticket NOW Taiwan Int'l Coffee Show / 2018-08-30
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-24
- Nearly 80 foreign enterprises permitted to run in Myanmar's Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-23
- Myanma Awba opens new agrochemical production complex in Yangon Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-20
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar MachTool / 2018-08-19
- FDI inflows hit over US$ 829 million in four months Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-19
- State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices Myanmar Wood / 2018-08-18
- Govt eases trade union rules Bangladesh Int'l PLASTICS, PRINTING & PACKAGING Industry Fair / 2018-08-16
- Exports off to a good start Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-08-15
- Qatar National Bank names Vietnam as Asia’s newest ‘tiger’ economy VIETNAMWOOD / 2018-08-14
- RMG exports record 21.72% growth in July Dhaka Int'l Textile& Apparel Accessories Exhibition / 2018-08-14
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports CTG / 2018-08-12