【5 Keys for the increase of wood export】
News Type: Marketing News
Though COVID-19 has seriously affected many industries, this industry has performed well, what exactly has been achieved?
Since the third quarter of this year, we have recovered production with export turnover exceeding $1 billion each month. We had exported timber and non-timber forest products worth more than $10.5 billion by the end of last month.
What are the opportunities for Vietnamese wood industry in the close future?
The wood industry has a fairly open market and is not bound by tariff barriers after the sign for free trade agreements like CPTPP and EVFTA.
1. Evaluate the processing and production capacity of timber enterprises
Most of our businesses are small and medium-sized enterprises, their technological capacity and equipment are limited but in general, they should adopt and actively import new technology equipment, allowing the production of products that meet the market's needs. For sure also the skilled workers.
Upcoming Difficulties for Wood Exports
2. The Government needs to negotiate with countries that consume Vietnamese wood products as well as countries exporting wood materials to the country so both sides can make legal and institutional frameworks transparent, helping avoid the risks of bringing illegal timber into supply chains.
3. Our association also needs to do a better job of bringing together all stakeholders in the product supply and processing chain, from growers to end-to-end businesses, to improve competitiveness and enhance the reputation of Vietnamese wood brands in the world market.
4. The wood industry currently focuses on four main product groups: interior and exterior wooden products, artificial boards, wood chips and tablets for making biomass energy. At the same time, Vietnamese businesses can export architectural spaces, interior spaces, receive large contracts to design and decorate interior for luxury buildings, palaces and hotels. Through that, we can enhance the image, reputation, and brand name of Vietnamese timber enterprises.
5. One of the important jobs of both the forestry and wood processing industry is how to help farmers integrate multiple solutions, extend the business cycle, plant forests and producing timber, supplying higher-quality inputs to get competitive products in the market.