Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea
News Type: Expo News
Vietnam became the second largest textile and garment supplier in South Korea, just after China, with export turnover of $1.5 billion in the first seven months of the year. The number 1 position, according to analysts, is within reach.
Textile and garment exports to the South Korean market have soared recently compared with three years ago.
According to the General Department of Customs (GDC), in the first seven months of 2018, Vietnam’s total export turnover to South Korea reached $10.2 billion, an increase of 32.1 percent over the same period last year.
Analysts are paying special attention to the sharp increase in textile and garment exports to the market.
$1.5 billion worth of the products were exported, representing a high growth rate of 24.8 percent compared with the same period of 2017. In July alone, the export turnover was $270.7 million.
Source From: VietnamNet
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once 2018-11-20
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms 2018-11-19
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 2018-11-17
- Press Conference: VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry 2018-09-26
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 2018-09-20
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile 2018-09-17
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan 2018-09-10
- Footwear industry at technological crossroads 2018-09-06
- Textile-garment exports hit US$19.4 billion in eight months 2018-09-05
- Japanese apparel retailer Uniqlo poised for Vietnam entry 2018-09-04
- South Korea hungry for Vietnamese garment 2018-09-01
- Supply chain optimisation boosts VN garment firms' competitiveness 2018-08-29
- Garment-textile sector regains confidence of foreign investors 2018-08-22
- VN garment companies are selling better abroad 2018-08-20
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports 2018-08-12
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China 2018-08-07
- CPTPP, EVFTA help Vietnam’s garment-textile lure investment 2018-08-02
- Garment and textile exports likely to exceed set plan by US$1b 2018-08-01
- Textile export earnings forecast to up 1 bln USD against target 2018-07-31