Separate plots planned to establish specialized textile and garment zones in Yangon
News Type: Marketing News
Separate land areas are being planned to establish special zones related to textile and garment in Yangon and Mandalay regions, according to the ministry of industry.
The ministry is cooperating with the private sector to implement pilot projects for industry complexes and clusters, a high-ranking official from the ministry.
Union Minister for Industry Khin Maung Cho said plans were underway to adopt a national level textile policy with the help of Germany's GIZ with the aim of developing Myanmar's textile industry, boosting investment by inviting foreign trade partners, getting necessary infrastructure, boosting export market and reducing import.
He said national textile policy is part of National Export Strategy-NES. The minister made such remarks during the activities of his ministry in the third year of the government term.
The commerce ministry is taking charge of implementing the NES with 11 sectors. Among those sectors, textile and clothing sector is being implemented by the No (3) Heavy Industries under the ministry of industry by forming a committee.
Therefore, plans are underway to establish specialized textile and garment zones.
Source from: elevenmyanmar.com
- MTG -齐聚全球知名品牌，满足纺织与制衣产业全方位需求 2019-11-02
- MTG 2019 - Day 3 highlights 2019-11-03
- MTG 2019 - Day 2 highlights 2019-11-02
- [MTG 2019] Grand Opening 2019-11-01
- MTG 2019 - The last moving day 2019-10-31
- MTG 2019 Press Conference 2019-10-21
- New industrial zone proposed northwest of Yangon 2019-05-08
- Bonded warehouse programme set to provide boost to Myanmar industries 2019-05-03