Exports of finished industrial goods touch high of US$3.138 billion
News Type: Marketing News
People walk on Yangon River port in Yangon. Photo: Ye Aung Thu/AFP
Exports of finished industrial goods touched a high of US$3.138 billion between 1 October and 24 January in the 2019-2020 financial year, reflecting an increase of $706.18 million compared with the corresponding period of the previous financial year, state media reported.
As per figures provided by the ministry, the exports of finished industrial goods totalled $2.43 billion during the same period in the 2018-2019 FY.
Myanmar’s manufacturing sector is largely concentrated in garment and textiles produced on the cutting, making, and packaging (CMP) basis, and it contributes to the country’s GDP to a certain extent.
In the first month of the current financial year, exports of clothes produced under the CMP system topped $320 million.
Japan is the largest market for Myanmar apparel, followed by the European Union.
source from: mizzima.com
- Our exhibition will be held on schedule without being affected by Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) 2020-03-12
- MTG -齐聚全球知名品牌，满足纺织与制衣产业全方位需求 2019-11-02
- MTG 2019 - Day 3 highlights 2019-11-03
- MTG 2019 - Day 2 highlights 2019-11-02
- [MTG 2019] Grand Opening 2019-11-01
- MTG 2019 - The last moving day 2019-10-31
- MTG 2019 Press Conference 2019-10-21