National textile policy being drafted
News Type: Marketing News
The production line of a garment factory (Photo-Zeyar Nyein)
A national textile policy is being drafted for the development of textile industry in Myanmar, according to the Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry.
Drafting started in January 2018, and the first stakeholder meeting was called in January 2019 involving relevant ministries, officials from private organizations and businesspeople from the textile industry.
The ministry has stated that the adoption of a national textile policy will produce benefits such as action plans, drawing of necessary roadmaps, laws, rules and procedures, infrastructural development, creation of a business environment that encourages local and foreign investment, manufacturing of value-added products, socio-economic development, technological acquirement, market competition, easy external trade and strengthened economic cooperation.
The national textile policy is being drafted with the help of Germany's GIZ.
Myanmar is also implementing National Export Strategy-NES.
Under NES, there will measures such as transition of CMP garment system into FOB system, adoption of bonded warehouse system and establishment of specialized textile and garment zone for boosting export.
Source from: elevenmyanmar.com
- 《Rescheduled Announcement》MTG 2020 will be rescheduled to 18-21 Dec, 2020. 2020-07-22
- MTG 2020 - The Reason to ATTEND this show 2020-06-15
- Govt to build new ports with assistance from Japan 2020-04-23
- Myanmar economy still forecast to grow despite global recession: IMF 2020-04-23
- Our exhibition will be held on schedule without being affected by Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) 2020-03-12
- MTG -齐聚全球知名品牌，满足纺织与制衣产业全方位需求 2019-11-02
- MTG 2019 - Day 3 highlights 2019-11-03
- MTG 2019 - Day 2 highlights 2019-11-02
- [MTG 2019] Grand Opening 2019-11-01
- MTG 2019 - The last moving day 2019-10-31
- MTG 2019 Press Conference 2019-10-21