Myanmar woos Thai investors in Bangkok
News Type: Marketing News
Myanmar is participating in regional connectivity initiatives in efforts to improve bilateral ties with its neighbours and promote investment and trade.
Myanmar has implemented a number of significant reforms in the economic, political and social spheres aimed at creating new opportunities for investors, which includes those from Thailand, State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi said in a video message delivered at the Myanmar Insight 2019 forum held in Bangkok last week.
To complement the Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan, the Myanmar Investment Promotion Plan was launched to seek “dynamic, harmonious and inclusive growth while creating a more equitable and prosperous society through the promotion of responsible, quality investment”.
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi noted that as Myanmar transitioned to a market-based economy, the rule of law “must serve as a foundation for an inclusive and vibrant society that safeguards the rights and interests of all our people”.
She added that both Myanmar and Thailand will soon be issuing licenses to logistics companies for the transportation of goods overland through the Yangon (Thilawa) – Myawaddy- Mae Sot – Bangkok (Laem Chabang) route, which is expected to promote connectivity between the two countries and improve business relations and development.
Meanwhile, in his speech, Minister of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations U Thaung Tun said Myanmar continues to undergo a period of sustained growth with GDP rising to over US$71 billion in 2018 from US$8.9 billion in 2000 while GDP growth is expected to average 7 percent annually from 2019 to 2023.
“This places Myanmar amongst the fastest growing economies, in one of the fastest growing regions in the world today.Substantial investments in transportation, infrastructure, urban development and connectivity, combined with improvements to our investment climate and a raft of other recent investment liberalisation measures, are expected to sustain this progress,” he said.
Source From：The Myanmar Times
Related Link：Click Here
- New industrial zone proposed northwest of Yangon 2019-05-08
- Bonded warehouse programme set to provide boost to Myanmar industries 2019-05-03
- Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’ 2019-04-09
- Updated National Export Strategy to add new sectors, address constraints 2019-03-29
- Myanmar's CMP export volume reaches $2 bn in 5 months 2019-03-20
- 仰光举行第七届国际纺织暨制衣机械展（视频） 2018-12-09
- Build Your Team with Global Players Here 2018-12-08
- Influential Leaders Kickoff the Annual Ceremony 2018-12-06
- Plan Your Visit to Brand New Venue 2018-12-05