More Indian investments expected with better connectivity, bilateral ties
News Type: Marketing News
With a target of becoming a US$5 trillion economy within the next six years, India could overtake the UK to become the world’s fifth biggest economy this year and even surpass Japan to be the third largest in 2025, IHS Markit noted in a report this month.
As the only ASEAN member state to share a border with India, Myanmar is poised to benefit from its neighbour’s expansion plans and policies.
“The growing connectivity and good political exchange between the two countries - Myanmar is the only country where India’s Act East Policy and Neighbourhood First policy converge - will provide the momentum needed to strengthen economic ties and see Myanmar growing along with India,” said Saurabh Kumar, Ambassador of India to Myanmar.
Source From：The Myanmar Times
Related Link：Click Here
- MTG 2019 - Day 3 highlights 2019-11-03
- MTG -齐聚全球知名品牌，满足纺织与制衣产业全方位需求 2019-11-02
- MTG 2019 - Day 2 highlights 2019-11-02
- [MTG 2019] Grand Opening 2019-11-01
- MTG 2019 - The last moving day 2019-10-31
- MTG 2019 Press Conference 2019-10-21
- New industrial zone proposed northwest of Yangon 2019-05-08
- Bonded warehouse programme set to provide boost to Myanmar industries 2019-05-03
- Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’ 2019-04-09
- Updated National Export Strategy to add new sectors, address constraints 2019-03-29
- Myanmar's CMP export volume reaches $2 bn in 5 months 2019-03-20