State Counsellor to meet economists to discuss sharp upturn in dollar prices
News Type: Expo News
State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi is planning to meet professionals and experts from the economic field this month to hold discussion over relatively high dollar prices, said Zaw Htay, spokesperson to the President Office, on the sidelines of a press conference of Rakhine State Independent Investigation Commission on August 16.
"The State Cousellor, president of the Central Bank of Myanmar (CBM) and officials from economics-related ministries are always discussing the issue. Later this month also, the State Counsellor is due to meet people from the economic field. What I mean is that the government is taking charge of policy making while entrepreneurs are responsible for economic transactions. Meanwhile, we are receiving suggestions from economic experts and businesspeople. The State Counsellor and the President and those responsible from the economic filed are doing their best and coordinating for the matter," said Zaw Htay.
Source From: Eleven Myanmar
Related Link: Click Here
- New industrial zone proposed northwest of Yangon May 8, 2019
- Bonded warehouse programme set to provide boost to Myanmar industries May 3, 2019
- Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’ April 9, 2019
- Updated National Export Strategy to add new sectors, address constraints March 29, 2019
- Myanmar's CMP export volume reaches $2 bn in 5 months March 20, 2019