Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry
News Type: Expo News
The ready-made garment (RMG) sector in Bangladesh has enjoyed rapid growth, with the country now well established as the world's second largest supplier of apparel and with the industry accounting for 83 percent of Bangladesh's exports, employing some 4.4 million people.
Foreign buyers have seen our booming RMG sector as the most important source for high volume, low price garments. But though Bangladesh's apparel manufacturers appreciate their customers' tough trading conditions, they themselves have suffered huge cost increases—in raw materials, gas, electricity and water supply, minimum wages for the workers, and the costs incurred with upgrading factories to make them safer.
Source From: The Daily Star
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony 2019-01-09
- Free Shuttle Bus Service 2019-01-08
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. 2019-01-07
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. 2018-12-19
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth 2018-09-18
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war 2018-09-16
- Apparel pushes up exports to US 2018-09-09
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals 2018-09-03
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey 2018-08-31