Apparel pushes up exports to US
News Type: Expo News
The overall value of Bangladesh's exports to the US increased 5.83 percent year-on-year to $3.63 billion in the first seven months this year propelled by higher apparel shipments, US Census Bureau data shows.
Export of apparel items grew 5.61 percent to $3.21 billion while Bangladesh moved to the third position from sixth with respect to garment export to the US, according to data from the US Office of Textile and Apparel (OTEXA).
Of Bangladesh's total export value, garment items account for over 90 percent.
Source From: The Daily Star
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony 2019-01-09
- Free Shuttle Bus Service 2019-01-08
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. 2019-01-07
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. 2018-12-19
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth 2018-09-18
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry 2018-09-17
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war 2018-09-16
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals 2018-09-03
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey 2018-08-31