BGMEA: Near 100% of RMG factory owners have paid Eid bonuses
News Type: Expo News
On August 9, State Minister for Labour and Employment Mujibul Haq Chunnu asked all factory owners in the RMG sector to pay the Eid festival bonuses to workers by August 16
Almost every Readymade Garment (RMG) factory owner has fallen in line with a government directive and paid staff bonuses for Eid-ul-Azha, the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) said yesterday.
“As far as we know, nearly 100% of RMG factory owners have paid festive bonuses for the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha,” BGMEA First Vice President Moinuddin Ahmed said at a press conference at the association’s headquarters in Karwan Bazar, Dhaka.
Source From: DhakaTribune
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony 2019-01-09
- Free Shuttle Bus Service 2019-01-08
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. 2019-01-07
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. 2018-12-19
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth 2018-09-18
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry 2018-09-17
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war 2018-09-16
- Apparel pushes up exports to US 2018-09-09
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals 2018-09-03
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey 2018-08-31