Cambodia supports Japan’s Indo-Pacific Strategy
News Type: Marketing News
Cambodia was the first country from Southeast Asia that registered the support for the Japan-initiated Free and Open Indo-Pacific Strategy (FOIP). The main reason for such move is that Cambodia perceives Japan as a benign power that sincerely assists Cambodia, from peacekeeping and peacebuilding to national reconstruction and regional integration. Japan has earned political as well as social trust from Cambodia.
With regards to hard connectivity projects in Cambodia, Japan has developed Sihanoukville Port-new container terminal development project, multipurpose terminal development project and related technical cooperation programs- and renovation project of national road No. 5 among others. Relating to soft connectivity projects, Japan has supported the improvement of logistics system and the legal and judicial development.
Source From： Khmer Times
Related Link：Click Here
- Seminar - Enhancing Development of SME in Handicraft & Industry Sectors 2019-08-13
- Supporting Message from Minister of Industry & Handicraft 2019-05-10
- 柬埔寨2018年成衣與鞋類出口額近百億美元 2019-04-01
- Chinese manufacturer invests $150M despite EBA concerns 2019-03-18
- Cambodia’s Garment Exports Increase 24% 2019-02-21